ABS-CBN’s circle of big stars expressed mixed emotions but largely accepted ABS-CBN management’s acceptance of Willie Revillame’s apology and their mutual decision for the host’s indefinite leave.

 

Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos, a close friend of Revillame and his wedding godmother, said she was sad at the turn of events for both parties who are all dear to her.

But she said crucial decisions in show business have to be reached for the good of all concerned. In this case, she said, Revillame’s fate is the handiwork of God to remind him of his mistake.

“Tinapik siya pero pagkatapos n’yan sana naman, yakap na,” said the second term governor at her thanksgiving party on Tuesday in Batangas City. Santos has exclusively made award-winning movies and television specials for ABS-CBN in the last 15 years.

Aga Muhlach, a close friend of Revillame, refused to comment on the issue. He, however, said that ultimately ABS-CBN management and Revillame’s agreement should be for the best interest of the televiewers.

Muhlach, an ABS-CBN film and TV star for the last 2 decades, also confirmed reports that he had been asked to be the next guest-host of “Wowowee,” but that he refused.

He said he did not want to be put in an uncomfortable position, and he prefers to devote his time with “Malay Mo Baka Ma-Develop,” his upcoming sitcom with Ai Ai de las Alas.

“Showtime’s” popular host Vice Ganda, meantime, hailed the ABS-CBN-Revillame verdict a fitting closure to the issue.

“Ang dami kasing speculations. Ngayon tatahimik na sana ang lahat. I will pray for him, we will pray for each other. (Laughs), ” the comedian joked.

De las Alas also welcomed the solution to the impasse. She also indicated that she is willing to be a guest-host in “Wowowee” if the management asks her.

In the end, both Vice Ganda and De las Alas said the network’s decision regarding talent discipline should be upheld and respected.

“We work inside a family, igalang natin ‘yon,” said De las Alas. -ABS-CBNnews

Advertisements